A somewhat upgraded/refactored version of [NXEngine](http://nxengine.sourceforge.net/) by Caitlin Shaw.
[![Build Status](https://travis-ci.org/nxengine/nxengine-evo.svg?branch=master)](https://travis-ci.org/nxengine/nxengine-evo) [![Build status](https://ci.appveyor.com/api/projects/status/85orsvsorwbvct25?svg=true)](https://ci.appveyor.com/project/nxengine/nxengine-evo/branch/master)
## Running the game
* Check the wiki for [Linux](https://github.com/nxengine/nxengine-evo/wiki/Building-on-Linux), [macOS](https://github.com/nxengine/nxengine-evo/wiki/Building-on-macOS), and [Windows](https://github.com/nxengine/nxengine-evo/wiki/Building-on-Windows)-specific instructions if you'd like to build from source.
* Check the [Releases](https://github.com/nxengine/nxengine-evo/releases) page and download the latest version if you'd rather not build it yourself.
## Differences from the original version of NXEngine:
* Port to SDL2 (thanks to [PIlin](https://github.com/PIlin/NXEngine-iOS))
* More resolutions and proper widescreen support up to Full HD (thanks to [EXL](https://github.com/EXL/NXEngine))
* Animated character portraits
* Modern main menu
* Credits graphics specific to the Mimiga Mask ending
* Localization support
* Force feedback support
* Custom soundtrack support
* Initial mod support
* Vita/Switch versions
* Cleaner and partly-refactored code
* Tons of gameplay-related bugfixes
* Removed built-in data extractor
* Removed replays, as they were buggy/not implemented anyway
### Vita icon based on art by [ClockWorkInc](https://www.deviantart.com/clockworkinc)