# Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vita
<p align="center"><img src="./screenshots/game.png"></p>
This is a wrapper/port of *Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Android* for the *PS Vita*.
The port works by loading the official Android ARMv6 executable in memory, resolving its imports with native functions and patching it in order to properly run.
## Setup Instructions (For End Users)
In order to properly install the game, you'll have to follow these steps precisely:
- Install [kubridge](https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/kubridge/releases/) and [FdFix](https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/FdFix/releases/) by copying `kubridge.skprx` and `fd_fix.skprx` to your taiHEN plugins folder (usually `ux0:tai`) and adding two entries to your `config.txt` under `*KERNEL`:
**Note** Don't install fd_fix.skprx if you're using repatch plugin
- **Optional**: Install [PSVshell](https://github.com/Electry/PSVshell/releases) to overclock your device to 500Mhz.
- Install `libshacccg.suprx`, if you don't have it already, by following [this guide](https://samilops2.gitbook.io/vita-troubleshooting-guide/shader-compiler/extract-libshacccg.suprx).
- Obtain your copy of *Battlefield: Bad Company 2* legally from the Amazon store in form of an `.apk` file and one or more `.obb` files (usually located inside the `/sdcard/android/obb/bc2/`) folder. [You can get all the required files directly from your phone](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11012976/how-do-i-get-the-apk-of-an-installed-app-without-root-access) or by using an apk extractor you can find in the play store. The apk can be extracted with whatever Zip extractor you prefer (eg: WinZip, WinRar, etc...) since apk is basically a zip file. You can rename `.apk` to `.zip` to open them with your default zip extractor.
- Copy the `/sdcard/android/obb/bc2/` folder to `ux0:data/bc2`.
- Open the apk and extract `libbc2.so` from the `lib/armeabi` folder to `ux0:data/bc2`.
- Install [BC2.vpk](https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/bc2_vita/releases/download/v1.0/BC2.vpk) on your *PS Vita*.
## Build Instructions (For Developers)
In order to build the loader, you'll need a [vitasdk](https://github.com/vitasdk) build fully compiled with softfp usage.
You can find a precompiled version here: [Linux](https://github.com/vitasdk/buildscripts/suites/2943994805/artifacts/66184169) / [Windows](https://github.com/vitasdk/buildscripts/suites/2943994805/artifacts/66184170).
Additionally, you'll need these libraries to be compiled as well with `-mfloat-abi=softfp` added to their CFLAGS:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake .. && make install
make SOFTFP_ABI=1 DRAW_SPEEDHACK=1 install
After all these requirements are met, you can compile the loader with the following commands:
mkdir build && cd build
cmake .. && make
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL.
- Once13One for providing LiveArea assets.