# Vita HomeBrew Browser ![GitHub All Releases](https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/devnoname120/vhbb/total.svg)
![Alt text](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/21164502/24837255/3af41722-1d73-11e7-8aae-5664fec174f3.png "")
- [PSP2SHELL](https://github.com/Cpasjuste/PSP2SHELL#readme): automatically send and reload app after compilation, see [Running](#Running).
- debugnet: real-time logging that can be viewed from your computer, see [Logging](#Logging).
To build VHBB, you'll need to have the [vitasdk](https://vitasdk.org) installed and working.
Then run the following commands:
cmake .. -DDEBUGNET=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
To run VHBB:
- send the generated `.vpk` to your vita:
- start an FTP server on your vita, for example [VitaShell](https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases).
- upload the vpk to the vita using a FTP client.
- install the .vpk on your vita using a vpk installer, for example [VitaShell](https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases).
- a new folder will be created under `ux0:/app/` named `/VHBB00001/`.
You can also use [PSP2SHELL](https://github.com/Cpasjuste/PSP2SHELL#readme) in order to send and reload the application easily after compilation:
- put the IP of your PS Vita in a new file `psvitaip.txt`
- every time you do modifications and want to test them, you can execute `make psp2shell` which will automatically compile, send, and reload the application.
Debug code prints text in order to help the debugging. Currently debugnet and file logging are supported.
Instructions to use debugnet:
- install [debugnet](https://github.com/psxdev/debugnet#readme)
- set the local IP of your computer in `debugnetip.txt`
- compile VHBB using `cmake .. -DDEBUGNET=ON`
- on your computer, listen to the port 18194
- with [netcat](http://nc110.sourceforge.net/): `nc -u -l -p 18194`
- with [socat](http://www.dest-unreach.org/socat/): `socat udp-recv:18194 stdout`
- install VHBB on your PS Vita and start it. The logging should display in the terminal.
Instructions to enable file logging:
- close VHBB
- launch it by pressing the special text ([image](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2824100/47955435-678b3700-df98-11e8-9ae5-cc7c3bc62e5a.png))
- icon0.png, startup.png and bg.png must be using indexed palettes.
- PNG files created in some image editors will cause the .vpk intallation to crash.
You may use PNGO to optimise addition PNG files (included under `/tools/`),
- Code and scripts inside the folder `src\vpk_install` are licensed under the terms of GNU GPLv3. Check the file `src/vpk_install/license.txt` for the complete conditions.
- The rest of the files (unless specified otherwise) are licensed under the terms of [CC by-nc-sa 4.0](https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/). Check the file `license.txt` for the complete conditions.