VitaShell is an alternative replacement of the PS Vita's LiveArea. It offers you a file manager, package installer, built-in FTP and much more.
This homebrew was an entry of the Revitalize PS Vita homebrew competition and won the first prize. HENkaku's molecularShell is also based on VitaShell.
## How to use an USB flash drive as Memory Card on a PS TV
- Format your USB flash drive as exFAT or FAT32.
- Launch VitaShell and press `▲` in the `home` section.
- Select `Mount uma0:` and attach your USB flash drive. You can now copy stuff from/to your USB stick.
- Once `uma0:` is listed under the partitions, press `▲` again and choose `Mount USB ux0:`. This will copy important apps like VitaShell, molecularShell, and other files.
- Your USB flash drive is now acting as a Memory Card.
- To sync all your apps on your USB flash drive, press `▲` and choose `Refresh livearea`. This will NOT refresh PSP games.
- If you wish to revert the patch, press `▲` and select `Umount USB ux0:`.
- Note that this patch is only temporary and you need to redo the procedure everytime you launch your PS TV.
You can customize those files:
| File | Note |
| ---------------------- | --------------------------- |
| colors.txt | All colors adjustable |
| archive_icon.png | Archive icon |
| audio_icon.png | Audio icon |
| battery.png | Battery border icon |
| battery_bar_charge.png | Charging battery bar |
| battery_bar_green.png | Green battery bar |
| battery_bar_red.png | Red battery bar |
| bg_audioplayer.png | Background for audio player |
| bg_browser.png | Background for file browser |
| bg_hexeditor.png | Background for hex editor |
| bg_photoviewer.png | Background for photo viewer |
| bg_texteditor.png | Background for text editor |
| context.png | Context menu image (Can be any size. Suggestion: It will look great if you add alpha channel to your image) |
| context_more.png | Context menu more image (Can be any size. Suggestion: It will look great if you add alpha channel to your image) |
| cover.png | Default album cover |
| dialog.png | Dialog menu image (Can be any size. This image file will be stretched by VitaShell to fit the dialog box. Suggestion: Don't use motives, as it will not look good with wrong proportion) |
| fastforward.png | Fastforward icon |
| fastrewind.png | Fastrewind icon |
| file_icon.png | File icon |
| folder_icon.png | Folder icon |
| ftp.png | FTP icon |
| image_icon.png | Image icon |
| pause.png | Pause icon |
| play.png | Play icon |
| settings.png | Settings icon |
| sfo_icon.png | SFO icon |
| text_icon.png | Text icon |
| wallpaper.png | Wallpaper |
**Theme setting:** VitaShell will load the theme that is set in `ux0:VitaShell/theme/theme.txt` (`THEME_NAME = "YOUR_THEME_NAME"`)
**General info:** You don't need to have all these files in your custom theme, if one of them is missing, the default image file will be loaded instead.
**Dialog and context image:** If these files are not available, the colors `DIALOG_BG_COLOR` and `CONTEXT_MENU_COLOR` from `colors.txt` will be used instead.
Put your language file at `ux0:VitaShell/language/x.txt`, where the file must be UTF-8 encoded and `x` is one of the language listed below:
VitaShell does automatically load the language that matches to the current system language.
If your system language is for example french, it will load from `ux0:VitaShell/language/french.txt`.
Languages files are available in the `l10n` folder of this repository.
Install [vitasdk](https://github.com/vitasdk) and build VitaShell using:
mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make
* Team Molecule for HENkaku
* xerpi for ftpvitalib and vita2dlib
* wololo for the Revitalize contest
* sakya for Lightmp3
* Everybody who contributed on vitasdk